What is this website for?
This website aims to facilitate online networking, provide a platform to share news and information on forestry sector of Nepal, and promote forest science among the general public. This website complements the email listserv Foresters Yahoo Group.
Who runs this website?
This site is based on the principle of community portal, so it is you and the entire forestry community in Nepal who participate in building the content of this website. The hosting and maintenance of website is done by a voluntary group of enthusiastic foresters. If you want to help in maintaining the website and moderating the postings, please contact us.
How can I contribute to the website?
There are already lots of places you can contribute -
- Blog: You can post your opinion on various issues of Nepalese forestry in blog section. You can also share news of your organization, success stories, daily logs of conference/workshops etc via blog post. All blog post will appear in the frontpage of the website. Your blog might be edited for readability and formatting purpose.
- Forum: You can participate in forum discussions. You can ask your queries and help your colleagues in solving theirs.
- Comments: You can post your valuable comments on any published pages. You are encouraged to post comments - lots of them! Your thoughtful comments make the content of this website richer. While we allow anonymous comments, if you have an account in this website, please log in before you post. This will allow you to edit your own comments as well as other users to keep a track of your postings.
- Events: You can submit the forestry-related events of your organization, and
- Wiki: You can contribute in building the first-ever Nepalese Forestry Wiki.
How can I share my research publications?
Just send us your article preferrably in Microsoft Word format, and we will post it online for you.
I registered, but I have not received the password in my email. What should I do?
Check the junk folder in your email. Your spam filter might have mistakenly put the email into spam category. If it is not there, try requesting password again. If you still don't get the password in your email, please feel free to contact us.