In the frame of developing competent and well qualified teaching staff of the Kathmandu Forestry College (KAFCOL), we want to recruit two faculties to teach the subjects such as Wildlife Management, Forest Management, Soil Conservation and Watershed Management, and Engineering. KAFCOL searches for an experienced person with background in any of the above subjects. S/he will be part of KAFCOL staff team and perform the following tasks:
Main responsibility and duties
- Deliver lectures for Undergraduate and Diploma students (B. Sc. Forestry and Diploma in Forestry),
- Organize session plans and academic activities of the college,
- Support to organize academic schedules and thematic seminar and talk programs,
- Assist Academic Coordinator and Principal in academic, research and outreach activities,
- Undertake research activities and prepare project proposals,
- Coordinate part-time faculties of the related subjects,
- Assist and coordinate field trip and exposure visit programs of the BSc and ISc students as per the academic requirement.
- Masters level education in related subject
- Having experience and familiar with teaching –learning environment
- Good skill in delivering lecture to students
- Ability to maintain good relationship with students and college staff
- Appreciative thinking on teaching and learning processes
- Candidates competent on multi-disciplinary field of studies will be preferred
- The candidates with higher education than required qualifications will also be preferred
- Candidates with excellent academic performance, who have completed the entire course works of the Master in Forestry degree program but not the thesis work, can also apply for the position.
- KAFCOL encourages women and candidates from disadvantaged and marginalized communities.
Starting date: Sept 17, 2010
Remuneration: Salaries and benefits at KAFCOL are nominal, but are based on experience and qualifications of the candidate.
Application together with complete curriculum vitae, passport size photograph and the names and contact address of two referees should be sent for all the above posts to the following address before
August 31, 2010 (Bhadra 15, 067).
Address: KAFCOL, P.O. Box: 9594, Kathmandu