ForestAction Nepal invites for application for the post of 'Researcher' in the project entitled “Nepal Community Forestry Program and the United Nations Collaborative Programme on Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation in Developing Countries (REDD+): Making Community Forestry Pro-Poor Carbon Sequestration Policy. This is a joint research project between ForestAction Nepal and Portland State University, USA. The researcher is expected to lead the research team in Nepal to conduct bio-physical measurement for carbon estimation and collect socio-economic information. A detail TOR of the project will be provided upon the request.
- Masters in Forestry or Diploma in Forestry and Master in Natural Resource Management or any related discipline.
- Sound knowledge in community forestry, climate change and REDD+
- Excellent research ability with analytical and writing skill
- Team work skills, ability to work under pressure and willing to travel
- The duration of the project will be 2-3 years with possible extension as per the requirement
- Salary will be as per the rules of ForestAction
The candidates should send their application by 1 December, 2011 at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The applicants should include the following:
- A cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae with two referees (with their contact address and number)
Only selected applicants will be invited for the interview