Institute of Forestry(IOF) is a primier training and research institution in forestry, natural resource conservation and management in Nepal.
The Institute has two campuses - one at Pokhara and the other at Hetauda. The campuses of the Institute of Forestry have facilities of laboratories, woodlots, arboreta, horticulture research farms, computer centres, etc.
The library at Pokhara Campus has a TREECD Database system. A Museum- cum-Library and Documentation Complex are at Hetauda Campus.
The Institute offers following academic programmes
- Technical Certificate Level (TCL) in Forestry of 2 years.
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Forestry of 4 years
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) of 2 years in :
- Watershed Management
- Natural Resource Management and Rural Development
- Doctor of Philosphy (Ph.D.) in Forestry.
Further information can be obtained from:
Mr. Ashok Kumar Mallik
Institute of Forestry
Tribhuvan University, P.O.Box 203 Hariokhark, Pokhara, Nepal
Phone: (061) 520467, Fax: (061) 521563